Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Makeup Must Have... Brushes!

I have quickly learned that makeup brushes are an essential beauty tool! Gone are the days when I used those old sponge-tip applicators. I cringe when I think back to a few months ago when that was my only type of eyeshadow applicator! Ever since discovering the benefits of brushes, my collection has been growing and growing! I have a few favorites that I thought I would share with you all. I'm thinking about trying out Sigma brushes next, I've read a lot of good reviews. Do you have any favorites or any suggestions? I'd love to hear your thoughts! Onto my favorites...





1. KABUKI BRUSH
I looove this brush. I use it daily to apply my bronzer all over. I have had it for so long that the name has worn off, and I can't remember where I purchased it (I'm thinking it's an off brand one from Target). However, it's a great quality brush. It's dense enough that it really packs on the color for full coverage and better yet, no shedding!

2. STUDIO TOOLS DUAL FINISH BRUSH
I bought this brush at Target and I love it! I use it to apply blush. It's really great quality, especially for the price (only $6.99)!

3. MAC 217 BLENDING BRUSH
This is my absolute favorite MAC brush! I use it for putting color in my crease/outer V. It's fine, dense fibers really hold the color well. I use it lightly, slowly deepening the eyeshadow color. It's really soft too.. a definite must-have!!

4. MAC 219 PENCIL BRUSH
This is a great brush. I use it mainly to blend around my upper and lower lash lines; it really creates a perfect smoky look. The tip is really soft, but very precise too.

5. SEPHORA BRAND SHADER BRUSH (from the Sephora Brand Smoky Eye Brush Set)
I use this brush almost daily. It's great for putting color all over the lid. It packs the color on very fast and I love the rounded tip.

6. SONIA KASHUK BLENDING BRUSH
This is an awesome blending brush! I never put eyeshadow on it, just use it bare. It's the perfect size and shape and it's really soft and fluffy too. I use a light, swirling motion and it blends seamlessly!

7. LOEW-CORNELL 2044 MOP 1/4" BRUSH
I use this brush for my brow highlight. I was picking up some MAC art brush dupes at Michael's and got this one in a pack. I don't think it's a dupe for anything, I just like the shape of it for my browline and it packs on just enough color!

8. SONIA KASHUK ANGLED BRUSH
This brush is the perfect size for my brows, I use it to apply eyeshadow to them. It holds the perfect amount of color and is very precise.

9. SMASHBOX ARCED LINER BRUSH #21
In the past I have always shied away from using liquid eyeliner or gel liners until I finally got brave and tried them out a few months ago. I've used a few different types of brushes for gel liner, but this one is definitely my favorite! The shape makes it's really precise and super easy to use. I highly recommend it!

No comments: